html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Sunday, May 29, 2011

All in the Family wedding cake

I originally saw this card on Lori Heling's blog: http://www.stampingaddict.blogspot.com/. I just had to stop everything and make this card, and I wanted to add a bride and groom. I thought the stick people from All in the Family would be perfect. I tried to get them to hold hands, but the groom was too tall, bummer!!! Look close to see the diamond ring on the bride's left hand. The dimensions of the cake layers are: bottom layer 2 3/4 x 1 1/2; middle layer 2 1/4 x 1 1/2; top layer 1 3/4 x 1 1/2; crimped strip 1/4" wide. (I had to shorten my layers for this card so my groom would fit on the top of the cake). I cut my layers then embossed with the Elegant Lines EF. It takes a few extra minutes to line up the EF flower in the middle of your layer, and it's well worth the extra effort.
Recipe: Stamps: All in the Family, Family Accessories Too, Word Play; Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pink Pirouette; Ink: Basic Black; Accessories: Big Shot, Elegant Lines embossing folder, trio punch, corner rounder punch, crimper, stamp-a-ma-jig, basic rhinestones, paper-piercing tool, glue dots.
Please visit my Stampin' Up! website at: http://www.lindafisher.stampinup.net/ to see other ideas and techniques.
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment