html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Land of the Free

A perfect card for the July 4th holiday. Land of the Free is an a al carte stamp in the Summer Mini, and is only $7.95. A great stamp to use year after year.
I cased this card from Stacey at:
http://burninrubberpapercrafts.blogspot.com/ and want to give her credit for her creativity.

To get the two color effect on the flag, I put a piece of tape over the stars and inked the stamp in real red. I pulled the tape off and used my night of navy marker to color the stars. Huffed on the rubber to moisten the ink just before I stamped. I had originally tried using the real red marker on the words, but they came out blurred.

I used the inlaid embossing technique for the background and loved the result. To do the inlaid embossing of the stars, glue the stars to the night of navy cardstock and run through the lattice ef. Finish it off with 5/8" real red satin ribbon. Very quick and easy.

Enjoy and thank you for stopping by,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment