html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Happy Easter Bunny doing the Happy Dance

Happy Easter Bunny isn't just for Easter, at least, not in my mind.  So here "she" is doing a birthday happy dance.  What do you think?
The first thing I did to make each of my cards was to cut my base; a piece of Mossy Meadow Card stock to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, and score it at 4 1/4.  For my next layer I cut a piece of Strawberry Slush to 4 x 5 1/4, and for my top layer, I cut a piece of Irresistibly Yours dsp to 3 3/4 x 5.

Next came the bunny stamp.  I applied lots of stick-ems, to the stamp.
Next I inked up the stamp with my Memento black ink.  When the stamp is bigger than the stamp pad, I take the pad to the stamp, that way I have more control, and can see where I have inked.
This is the result of what my stamp and stick-ems looks like after I have applied the ink.
I removed the stick-ems (ask me what happens if you forget to remove the stick-ems?), and stamped my image on a scrap piece of 3 x 4 piece of Whisper White card stock.  Below is the result.
Next, I used my Big Shot, the Oval Collection Framelits Dies, (the 3rd die from the smallest) to cut my bunny.
I took a scrap piece of 4 x 5 Strawberry Slush card stock and used the 4th die from the smallest oval to cut the backing for my bunny..
OK, I'm ready to prepare my background. For this demonstration I used the striped 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Irresistibly Yours dsp, Strawberry Slush classic ink pad, and a sponge dauber to color my dsp.  I rubbed the dauber on the dsp until I liked the result, and then blended with a paper towel.  
Next I cut two pieces of card stock for my words.  The Strawberry Slush is 3 x 2, and the Whisper white is 3 x 1 3/4.  I did not need these to layers to be as long as my dsp because the extra length was hidden behind the oval framelits, and I'm a "save all I can kinda gal" from way back.
I like to use my Stamp-a-ma-jig, because it guarantees perfect placement, well, 99% of the time. Nothing is fool proof, right?
I put my stamp on my clear block. Lined up my image sheet and the clear block to the corner of the Stamp-a-ma-jig (black handle). Stamped my words on the image sheet, so now I have a pattern.
Next I placed my image sheet-pattern over my card stock, lining both the the card stock and the image sheet against the black handle.
Removed the image sheet, kept the handle in place, and stamped my words on my card stock.  Easy-peasy.
Next is just layering your card.  When I got to the Strawberry Slush oval, I decided to use snail adhesive to glue it directly to my card, and I used dimensionals to pop up my bunny.  I punched the flowers from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch pack in Strawberry Slush and Mossy Meadow and applied them to my card using  glue dots.  I next added SU's wonderful, easy to apply pearls, and all done!

Recipe:  Stamp Sets: Happy Easter Bunny, Crazy About You, Yippee Skippee;  Paper: Mossy Meadow, Strawberry Slush, and Whisper White card stock, and Irresistibly Yours dsp;  Ink: Memento Black, Mossy Meadow and Strawberry Slush classic;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Oval Framelits die, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (for flowers), Stamp-a-ma-jig, Strawberry Slush, and Pink Pirouette Markers, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals,

If you would like to place an order, head on over to my Stampin' Up! website, www.lindafisher.stampinup.net, and click on the "shop now" tab, or click on the 2014-15 Catalog right here on my blog.  Another option, feel free to contact me directly.  I usually place orders twice a month.

I hold adult classes each month.  If you live near my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253 and would like to attend any of my classes, please let me know.  For details, see my March and April, 2015 class schedule right here on my blog, or on my SU website found Here.

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."  Psalm 37:4 

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day,
~Linda

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment