html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 2015 Hostess Club Project-Wonderland Shaker Card

The card I posted yesterday was a spinning tree card.  Today's card shakes.  My hostess club members will be making this card at our meeting coming up this Thursday, December 3, 2015.  So you might say they will be shakin' and spinnin'.   Shaker cards are so easy, and fun to make, and if you want to see a "how to" video, just look for "Shaker cards" on YouTube.  There are many from which you can choose.   

To make my card:
-I first embossed snowflakes with white embossing powder on a 5 1/4 x 4 piece of Night of Navy card-stock.  
-I next glued a 5 1/4 x 4 piece of Vellum to the embossed Night of Navy piece by putting glue dots on the centers of my embossed snowflakes.  
-Next I cut my circle using the 5th die from the largest of the Circle Framelits Dies.  The circle is actually 2 7/8".  
-I used Tombow liquid glue to adhere the Silver Glimmer circle edge to my Vellum/Cardstock.  To get the Silver Glimmer thin circle, I nested the 4th and 5th (from the largest) Circle Framelits Dies together and cut using the Big Shot.  
-I glued with Tombow liquid glue, a Stampin' Up! 3 1/2 square window sheet to the back of my embossed Night of Navy piece.
-I next glued foam adhesive (not dimensionals) to the back of the window sheet, following the circle opening.
-I next stamped the trees from Wonderland using Night of Navy ink onto a 3 1/2 x 4 piece of Whisper White cardstock.
-I then sprinkled chunky clear glitter (I had this left over from my To You & Yours Shaker Project Kit) on the stamped trees.  You can actually use SU's Silver Glass Glitter, or Dazzling Diamonds, they both would work just fine.
-Next, I removed the paper covering from the foam adhesive circle and placed the Night of Navy/Vellum piece over the stamped tree image.
-I put dimensionals on the back of my completed card front and adhered it to my 11 x 4 1/4 piece of Night of Navy, which I had scored at 5 1/2.
-I used a die from the Project Life Framelits collection for the words, which came from Versatile Christmas, and stamped them in Real Red ink.

I hold adult classes each month.  If you live near my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253 and would like to attend any of my classes, please let me know.  For details, see my class schedule right here on my blog, or on my SU website found Here.

If you would like to place an order, head on over to my Stampin' Up! website,  www.lindafisher.stampinup.net, and click on the "shop now" tab, or click on the 2015-16 Catalog right here on my blog.  

You, O Lord, reign forever; your throne endures from generation to generation.   Lamentations 5:13 

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day,

~Linda
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment