html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Going Global Masculine Wallet Card

Father's Day is just around the corner, well, almost.  It's next month, and I wanted to offer something a little special in my May, 2016 classes that one can give to their spouse, Dad, Son, or any special man in their life. There is plenty of room if you would like to add a gift card, or just some good, old cash.   I CASEd this card from Jacque Williams, and you can see her card Here, post of March 31, 2016.  I am offering this wallet card at all of my May 10, May 12, and May 14, 2016 classes.
Recipe:
  • The base is a 5 1/2 x 9 1/4 piece of Lost Lagoon, scored at 2 1/2 and at 6 3/4 on the long side.
  • The background piece for the inside is 5 1/4 x 2 1/2.  Glue that down with snail.
  • I folded up the bottom flap and closed both ends with Tape and Tear.
  • The Very Vanilla card stock (cs) to cover the outside bottom flap is 2 1/4 x 5 1/4, and the DSP to cover the (cs) is 2 x 5.  
  • The largest circle on the bottom flap was punched out with a 2 1/2" circle punch and our Corrugated cs (retiring). I used Basic Black cs and the 2" circle punch for the next layer.  The top layer was stamped with Archival Black ink onto Very Vanilla cs and punched out with a 1 3/4" circle punch.  I used a gold button and Linen Thread to decorate my circle.  Pop this combination up with dimensionals, being careful not to put the dimensionals on the top half of the circle.  The top flap closes by tucking it behind the circle.
  • I stamped the words with Archival Black ink onto Very Vanilla cs and cut them out with the Big Shot and a framelit.  I am so sorry, I don't even know where I got this nifty design.
  • I used a 2 1/4 x 5 1/4 piece Sahara Sand cs to cover the top flap and I embossed it with the World Traveler embossing folder (retiring).  I rounded the corners on the top flap with my Envelope Punch Board.
  • I wanted to stamp a background on the Sahara Sand top flap piece with my Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, except I was using it for another card in my class, so I pulled out a very, very old stamp set, Background Basics, and used Lost Lagoon ink.
  • I cut out two stars from the Stars Framelits Dies (the 2nd and 3rd ones from the smallest), and popped them up with a dimensional.  The small gold star in the center of the two bigger stars was punched out using our Gold Foil paper, and the punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack (retiring).  
  • The Basic Black piece of the pull-out base on the inside is 4 x 3 3/4 and the Very Vanilla piece 3 3/4 x 3 1/2.  After I glued them together, I used our stapler and the Washi Label punch (retired) to make a little "pull-up" tab for it.
  • Remember to decorate your envelope, can't leave the house naked, right?
If you have any questions, let me know.

I hold adult classes each month.  If you live near my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253 and would like to attend any of my classes, please let me know.  For details, see my class schedule right here on my blog, or on my SU website found Here.

If you would like to place an order, head on over to my Stampin' Up! website,  www.lindafisher.stampinup.net, and click on the "shop now" tab, or click on the 2015-16 Catalog right here on my blog. 

Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.  Each day I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3 

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day,
~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment