html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Cookie Cutter Christmas Shutter-Card, for my August, 2016 Hostess Club

Each month when my Hostess Club meets, I like to offer two fun projects and/or a technique.  This cute interactive Christmas Shutter Card is one everyone will make at my August 25, 2016 meeting. 
The stamp sets and DSP I used are from the Stampin' Up! 2016-17 Holiday Mini. If you do not have a demonstrator, and would like a complimentary catalog, please let me know.  I will be more than happy to mail one to you.
You can find lots of Shutter Card instruction videos on YouTube, and my favorite was from Christi Beck at StampinTx, and you can see Christi's video Here.

Recipe:
  • The base is an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of Real Red scored at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8.
  • I covered the front two flaps with two pieces of 2 x 5 3/8 of Whisper White.  On top of the White, I glued two pieces of 1 7/8 x 5 1/8 of Candy Cane Lane DSP (page 5, item #141981).  I also added two 2 x 5 3/8 pieces of Whisper White to the inside flaps.  I felt there needed to be somewhere to write something, like Hi, Hello, or maybe Merry Christmas.
  • The Gingerbread man is from Cookie Cutter Christmas, page 6, item #142043.
  • The little candy cane and star on the inside is from Candy Cane Christmas, page 5, item #142040
  • The words on the belly band is from Christmas Magic, page 22, item #142119.  
  • I used all the measurements for the rest of card, just as Christi did, and she is so easy to follow.
  • Remember to decorate your envelope, can't leave the house naked, right?
If you have any questions, let me know.

I hold adult classes each month.  If you live near my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253, and would like to attend any of my classes, please let me know.  For details, see my class schedule right here on my blog, or on my Stampin' Up! website found Here.

If you would like to place an order, head on over to my Stampin' Up! website, www.lindafisher.stampinup.net and click on the "shop now" tab, or click on the 2016-17 catalog right here on my blog.

For God did not give us a spirit of fear. He gave us a spirit of power and of love and of good mind.  2 Timothy 1:7

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day,
~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment