html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Hello Friend for a October 2017 Hostess Club Project

This is one of the two cards my wonderful Hostess Club ladies will make when we meet on October 26, 2017.  The technique is called Polished Stone, and it is so much fun.  I am very excited (what else is there) to share what I have learned.  Of course, a big thank you to my wonderful assistant, Michelle Wallace, for her patience.  I must have changed up the design a gazillion times.  Well, not a gazillion, but more than a half-dozen times, and I am blessed to have such a talented lady to help me.   The instructions for this technique is all over YouTube, however, the one I found to be most user-friendly can be found Here, by Dawn Griffith.

Recipe:
  • The base is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2  piece of Pear Pizzazz, scored at 4 1/4. 
  • The Basic Black layer is 5 1/4 x 4.
  • The Glossy White layer is 5 x 3 3/4, though it doesn't look white, because the Polished Stone was created on this piece.  I also cut a 2 x 2 square of Glossy White to color for my words.  I used Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand, and Pink Pirouette reinkers for this project.
  • The strip of Basic Black is 3 3/4 x 1 1/8, and the small piece of DSP is 3 3/4 x 1
  • I wanted to used the new Calypso Coral 1/4" Ombre Ribbon, (it is on my wish list), and since I didn't have it, I resorted to using come retired Calypso Coral Seam Binding.
  • The wreath is stamped with Black Stazon directly on the Glossy White piece. 
  • The circle punches used are:  a 1 1/2" for the Basic Black piece, 1 3/8 for the Calypso Coral piece, and the 1 1/4 punch for the piece with the words.  
  • The little flowers came from the Sprinkles of Life stamp set.  I stamped on Calypso Coral cardstock with Calypso Coral ink,  then punched out the flowers with the Tree Builder punch.  I applied them to the card with glue dots, and put a small pearl in the middle of each flower.
  • Don't forget to decorate your envelope.
  • All done!!!
If you have any questions, please let me know. 

I hold adult classes each month.  If you live near my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253, and would like to attend any of my classes, please let me know.  For details, see my class schedule right here on my blog, or on my Stampin' Up! website found Here.

If you would like to place an order, head on over to my Stampin' Up! website Here, and click on the "shop now" tab, or click on the 2017-18 catalog right here on my blog.                                                             

This is the confidence we have in approaching God:  that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  1 John 5:14

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day,
    ~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment