Beautiful Peacock, Swan Lake with Seasonal Layer Thinlits DiesI recently received the Sale-a-Bration stamp set, Beautiful Peacock, for Free, when I placed an order of $50.00. (Free is good, right?) I saw lots of ideas for this set on Pinterest, and other places, and the one I liked the best was made by Annette Elliott. So I tweaked it a little, and here you have it. You can see Annette's card Here on her blog, post of December 31, 2017. I am offering this card at all of my January 9, January 11, and January 13, 2018 Creative Therapy card-making classes, and I am excited to share.
- The base is an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of Night of Navy cardstock, scored at 4 1/4.
- The layer of Whisper White is 5 1/4 x 4.
- The Calypso Coral layer is 5 x 3 3/4. I dry embossed it with the Layered Leaves Dynamic Embossing Folder, and glued it to my Whisper White layer with Multipurpose Liquid glue. Using the liquid glue on a piece of dry embossed cardstock gives it more "sticking power". The liquid glue can get into the indentions of the embossed cardstock.
- Next I die cut a 4 1/4 x 1 3/4 piece of Crumb Cake with the scalloped die from Seasonal Layers Thinlits dies. I glued this piece to the Calypso Coral with Multipurpose Liquid glue (because I was gluing the Crumb Cake onto a "bumpy" surface).
- I cut a doily in half and used Multipurpose Liquid glue in the center of the doily to adhere it to the card on top of the scalloped crumb cake piece.
- The Night of Navy rectangle is 3 7/8 x 2 1/2, and the Whisper White, on which I stamped my images, is 3 3/4 x 2 3/8.
- The peacock, feathers, and words are stamped with Night of Navy ink, and the little flowers are stamped with Calypso Coral and Crumb Cake ink. The words are from Swan Lake.
- I put a little bling in the center of the flowers, you know, to give the peacock feathers character!
- All done, don't forget to decorate your envelope.
- All done!!!
If you have any questions, please, just ask.
I hold adult classes each month. If you live near my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253, and would like to attend any of my January, 2018 Creative Therapy card classes, please let me know. For details, see my class schedule right here on my blog, or on my Stampin' Up! website found Here.
I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer. Psalms 17:7
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day,