html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Aluminum Foil Technique with Gifts of Kindness

Who would have thought one could make a greeting card using aluminum foil.  Not me, that's for sure.  Not only that, have you ever seen a store-bought card made with foil?  I sure had fun making this one-of-a-kind beauty.  

For this technique, I used a glue stick, yes, just a regular glue stick, and glued a piece of foil to a piece of 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" piece of basic black card stock.  I then trimmed the combo piece to 5 1/8 x 3 7/8.  I put the trimmed piece in the embossing folder, making sure the foil side and the SU logo were facing me.  Crank it thru my Big Shot, or Cuttle Bug machine, and viola, you have a beautiful embossed foil image. If you look for Tin Foil Technique, there are videos all over YouTube.  This is another technique I offered to my wonderful and fantastic hostess club members at our May 2015 meeting.

Dimensions of the card stock in the middle of the card:
Black: 2 7/8 x 2 5/8
White: 2 3/4 x 2 1/2
Burgundy: 2 5/8 x 2 3/8

Recipe:  Stamp Sets: *Gifts of Kindness, *Too Kind;  Paper:  Whisper white, Bravo Burgundy, an oldie, but a goody), Basic Black card stock; Ink: Memento Black; Accessories:  Big Shot, Lovely Lace embossing folder, *Modern Label Punch, Word Window, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (retired), Black 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (retired), Brights Candy Dots, Dimensionals.  
*Retires 6/2/2015

If you would like to place an order, head on over to my Stampin' Up! website,  www.lindafisher.stampinup.net, and click on the "shop now" tab, or click on the 2014-15 Catalog right here on my blog.

I hold adult classes each month.  If you live near my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253 and would like to attend any of my classes, please let me know.  For details, see my June 2015 class schedule right here on my blog, or on my SU website found Here.

"Lord, when we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure. ".  Peter Marshall 

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day,

~Linda
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment