html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Painters Palette and the new Flirty Flamingo In-Color Card Stock

One of my favorite stamp sets that I could pre-order, as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, was Painter's Palette.   I saw this sketch on Linda Aarhus's blog, Polka Dots and Paper, and you can see her card Here, post of May 23, 2016.  
The results of these cards were the combined efforts of my very talented assistant, Michelle "Chelle" Wallace, and myself.   We make a great team, if I must say so myself!!! When we combined Painter's Palette with one of the new 2016-18 In-Colors, Flirty Flamingo, and our Basic Black, we were pleased as could be.
The 2016-17 Catalog goes live on June 1, 2016, and I am excited that others will have the opportunity to buy this wonderful, very versatile set.  
This is another offering for of my June 7, June 9, and June 11, 2016 classes, and if you live near Graham, NC, I hope you will come by for some stamping fun.    
  • Recipe:
    • The bases are an 11 x 4 1/4 piece of Flirty Flamingo scored at 5 1/2.
    • The next layers are a 5 x 3 3/4 piece of Basic Black, adhered with snail. (I like how Linda Aarhus left a wider border around the black so more of the base color shows.)
    • Next is a 4 3/4 x 3 1/2  piece of Whisper White.
    • Chelle stamped the easel image onto the White with Archival Black ink, then embossed it with the Happy Heart, Softly Falling and Boho Chic,  embossing folders.
    • Next she stamped the easel image onto a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock with Archival Black ink, and cut out just the frame part of the easel with paper snips.  (I do not have the new Layering Squares Framelits, hence, paper snips).
    • The words were stamped with Archival Black ink onto the frame before putting them on the cards with dimensionals.  
    • A "diamond" put the finishing touch on these one-of-a-kind masterpieces, though, a few swipes from the clear Wink of Stella pen would have worked too.
    • Remember to decorate your envelope, can't leave the house naked, right?
If you have any questions, let me know.

I hold adult classes each month.  If you live near my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253 and would like to attend any of my classes, please let me know.  For details, see my class schedule right here on my blog, or on my SU website found Here.

If you would like to place an order, head on over to my Stampin' Up! website,  www.lindafisher.stampinup.net, and click on the "shop now" tab, or click on the 2015-16 Catalog right here on my blog. 

For wisdom will enter your heart and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.  Proverbs 2:10  

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day,
~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment