html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Cake Soiree' and Bubble Wrap Technique for my January 2018 Hostess Club Project
This card is the second of the two projects my Hostess Club ladies will make when we meet on January 25, 2018. The background under the cake is made by using bubble wrap and White Embossing Powder.  Such a fun technique. 
Recipe:
  • The base is an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2  piece of Rich Razzleberry, scored at 4 1/4. 
  • The Basic Black layer is 5 1/4 x 4.
  • The layer of Whisper White is 3 3/4 x 2 1/2.  I took a piece of bubble wrap and inked it with Versamark.  Then covered my white cardstock with the inked bubble wrap.  Sprinkled white embossing powder on my cardstock, and heat embossed it.  Then used a sponge dauber and Rich Razzleberry ink to "color" my dots. I glued this piece to my Basic Black with snail adhesive.
  • The Sweet Soiree DSP is 3 3/4 x 2 1/2 and glued to the Basic Black with snail adhesive.
  • The cake is stamped on Shimmery White cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder, then cut out with the Sweet Cake Framelits dies.  The new Blends Markers are used to color the flowers on the cake. 
  • The words are stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink on Powder Pink cardstock and then cut out with one of the dies from the Layering Oval Framelits. The Silver Glimmer oval is also cut out with the Layering Oval Framelits.  I glued the silver oval to my DSP with snail, and used dimensionals to pop-up the Powder Pink Oval.  (I find cardstock does not stick to glimmer paper with snail adhesive, hence, the awesome dimensionals from SU).
  • The Silver Glimmer bow is cut out with the Sweet Cake Framelits and glued to the cake with the Fine-Tip Glue pen.
  • The 3/8" Metallic-Edge Silver Ribbon is wrapped around the top layer and Basic Black layers then I glued this combination to the Rich Razzleberry base.  I made a bow and adhered it to my card with glue dots.
  • Don't forget to decorate your envelope.
  • All done!!!  
If you have any questions, please let me know.
I hold adult classes each month.  If you live near my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253, and would like to attend any of my classes, please let me know.  For details, see my class schedule right here on my blog, or on my Stampin' Up! website found Here.

If you would like to place an order, head on over to my Stampin' Up! website Here, and click on the "shop now" tab, or click on the 2017-18 catalog right here on my blog.  

Always be kind to each other.  1 Thessalonians 5:15

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day,
    ~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment