html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Making Christmas Bright & Rustic Retreat for my August Creative Therapy Classes
 
I wanted to offer two Christmas Cards for my August 6 and 10, 2019, Creative Therapy Classes.  It was a challenge to make Christmas cards without Christmas Designer Series Paper, and with a limited supply of holiday stamps.
I want to give credit to June Dunn, a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  She posted her version of this card on the Demonstrator Planning Place on Facebook.  
Recipe:
  • The base is an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of Mossy Meadow, scored at 4 1/4.
  • The Soft Sea Foam layer is 5 1/4 x 4.  A die from the Layering Ovals Dies is used to cut out an oval from this layer to use behind the foil oval.  Economize where you can, that's what I say, and since the Cherry Cobbler layer is going to cover up my big hole, well, why not, right?
  • The Cherry Cobbler layer is 5 x 3 3/4, and is stamped with an image from Rustic Retreat and Cherry Cobbler ink.
  • The gold foil is first cut out with an Heirloom Frames Die, then embossed with the Heirloom 3-D embossing folder.
  • The words from Making Christmas Bright are stamped on the Soft Sea Foam oval cutout, and adhered to the Cherry Cobbler front.
  • Dimensionals are added to the back of the gold foil oval before adhering it to the Cherry Cobbler front.
  • The flower is made with Cherry Cobbler cardstock, and the Perennial Flower Punch.  I punched out 3 flowers, then sponged the flowers with Cherry Cobbler ink.  The leaves are punched with the Leaf Punch, and adhered to the back of the three flowers with a couple of dimensionals.  I used a Gold Faceted Gem for bling. 
  • All done, and remember to decorate your envelope.
Should you want to order any of the supplies I used to make this card, please click Right Here to place your order in my on-line store.  Or, you can click on the 2019-20 catalog right here on my blog.
I truly appreciate your support.  Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have, as I am here to help you.

I hold adult classes in my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253, and if you would like to attend, please let me know.  For details, see my class schedule right here on my blog, or on my Stampin' Up! website found Here.

The Lord said, "I have loved you with an everlasting love."  Jeremiah 31:3 

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day,
~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment