html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Saturday, June 4, 2022

  Ranunculus Romance
for my June 2022 Classes

I am offering this beautiful card at both of my June 7 and 11, 2022 classes, and I am so excited to share. I actually CASEd this card from Melva Peters, and you can see her card & video Here, post of 1/11/2022.
So, for some reason, before class I wanted to find what ranunculus meant, and here is what I found out: 
ra·nun·cu·lus:
ranunculus (noun) · ranunculi (plural noun) ranunculuses (plural noun)
  1. a temperate plant of a genus that includes the buttercups and water crowfoots, typically having yellow or white bowl-shaped flowers and lobed or toothed leaves.  The flowers are all different colors, and absolutely beautiful.  
  2. Recipe:
  • The base is an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of Crumb Cake scored at 4 1/4.
  • The Blushing Bride layer is 5 1/4 x 4, is sponged with Crumb Cake ink.
  • The Very Vanilla layer is 5 1/4 x 3 3/4.  
    • First, I tore off an edge on the long side and sponged it with the Crumb Cake ink, then I sponged the other three sides.  
    • I used a torn piece of cardstock to sponge the Very Vanilla layer in different places on the front. (see Melva's video for this step, she is awesome.)
    • I stamped the flower with Blackberry Bliss ink on a scrap of Very Vanilla and cut it out with a Ranunculus Die.  Set it aside.  
    • I randomly stamped the images on my card front with Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride and the flower with Blackberry Bliss ink.  
  • I adhered the card front to the Blushing Bride and wrapped some Crumb Cake Baker's Twine, (from the Baker's Twine Essential Pack), around these two pieces three times, then adhered all to the card base.
  • I adhered the cut-out flower over my stamped flower with Dimensionals.
  • The words are stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink on a scrap of Blushing Bride, and cut out with one of the Meadow Dies.  The edges are sponged with Crumb Cake ink, and popped up with Dimensionals.
  • I added three Pastel Pearls.
  • All done, and remember to decorate your envelope.
Should you want to order any of the supplies I used to make this card, please just click Right Here to place your in my on-line store, or you can click on the 2022-23 catalog right here on my blog.
I hold monthly adult card-making classes in my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253.  My next set of classes are July 5 and 9, and if you would like to attend, see my class schedule right here on my blog or on my Stampin' Up! website, found Here.
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day.
~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment