html

Hi and welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your experience with me today. Linda Fisher

Monday, June 19, 2023

On the Ocean &
Waves of Inspiration

My sweet friend, Wendie, helped me design these beautiful cards, and I am so pleased with the way they turned out. Thank you, Wendie, for all your guidance. 
I hope everyone enjoys today's post, and thank you for stopping by.

Recipe:

  • The bases are 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 Night of Navy, scored at 4 1/4.
  • The Tahitian Tide layers are 5 1/4 x 4 and embossed with the Twisted Rope folder.
  • The next 4 1/2 x 3 3/8 layers of Night of Navy are the bases for the 4 3/8 x 3 1/4 Basic White pieces.
  • The Basic White pieces are stamped with Night of Navy & Tahitian Tide (ocean), Pool Party (clouds), Tuxedo Black Memento Black (words and birds).  
  • To create the ocean (top card), with Waves of Inspiration, I inked the large stamp with Night of Navy ink, and I used a Sponge Dauber to dabb Tahitian Tide ink over the Night of Navy ink on the stamp. 
  • To create the ocean (bottom card), using a stamp from On the Ocean, I first stamped Night of Navy ink, cleaned the stamped, and stamped Tahitian Tide ink.  
  • The ship was made with Soft Suede cardstock (retired).  The sails were made with Very Vanilla.  After I cut out the sails, I embossed them with the crosshatch Embossing Folder from the set of three Basics 3D embossing folders.  I used a small Blending Brush and sponged some Soft Suede ink on the sails to give them an aged look.  The ship and sails are popped up with dimensionals.
  • The words (top card) are from Waves of Inspiration and stamped directly on the card front with black ink.
  • The words (bottom card) are from On the Ocean, stamped on Basic White with black ink, and cut out with an oval die from All That Dies.  This piece is popped up with dimensionals.
  • All done and remember to decorate your envelope.
Should you want to order any of the supplies I used to make these cards, just click Right Here or you can click on the 2023-24 catalog right here on my blog.
I hold monthly adult card-making classes in my home at 555 Williamsdale Road, Graham, NC 27253. My next set of classes are July 11 & 15, 2023, and if you would like to attend, see my class schedule and the deadline to register right here on my blog or on my Stampin' Up! website, found Here.
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day.~
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment